Want to know how you measure up? You’ll need someone’s help to get your exact height. Here’s how to do it accurately:
- Take off your shoes.
- Stand on a hard floor -- not on a rug or carpeting.
- Press your back and heels against a flat wall.
- Stand up straight. Look straight ahead and try not to raise or lower your chin.
- Have someone place something flat and level -- like a book -- on top of your head against the wall.
- Have that person mark a line on the wall at the bottom of the flat object.
- Using a tape measure, measure the height from the floor to the line on the wall.